Applying for financial aid can be a daunting task. The following information can be your guide-let us help make your education affordable. Lakes Region Community College - Laconia participates in all Federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs which include Pell Grants; Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG); Perkins Loans and all Federal Direct Loan Programs (Direct Loans and Direct PLUS Loans) and several alternative loan programs.
We recommend students begin the financial aid application process at their earliest convenience after computing base year income tax information.
Applying for financial aid is a free process. Do not delay - act now to save yourself undo concerns as fall approaches. Also, research and apply for the various scholarships we've listed on this website. Some students have been very successful, by simply applying and writing short essays. Take the time, you may be very surprised at how much money you might save!
Do you know?
- you must apply for financial aid EACH academic year;
- you must be matriculated (formally accepted) into a financial aid聽eligible program (6 credits or more) to be considered for financial aid;
- the preferred deadline for applying for financial aid is May 1st;
- many scholarships and grants are not awarded because students fail to apply for them;
- you can view a variety of scholarships and grants at this website;
- ALL matriculated students are eligible for some type of federal aid - grants or loans;